Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Smoke Screen

A poem written high
atop, the tallest city wall
written high across the
sky, the highest of them all

Fences and chains
hold me back
I really should come down
but when I looked
I saw a man
smiling through a frown

"Come down now"
said the man
although it wasn't true
"We'll stay for now"
we replied
thats when I
kissed you

I held it in
the thought of course
the hold you have on me
"Goodbye" I said to you that day
"Our love could never be"

You escaped my
lips and walked away
in a moment you were gone
I begin to wonder to
myself
If I had been all wrong

Just then, you had returned
and stole back all my
thoughts
"Together forever, in
body and mind, I'll
never leave your side.
Together, sit back
succumb to me, for
a long and lonely ride."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home